Friday, July 17, 2020

Thar She Blows...or Goes??

The grandchildren come back from their Florida beach vacation tomorrow.
They will stay at their mother's house for awhile to be sure they are not sick.
They had the best time ever..They even went to Disney for a few hours.!!!!
Here we have our 10  year old Dylan with a fish he caught.

Below, my DIL sent me a pix of them all wearing masks!!!
So relieved.!!!!!

Tonight my son wanted me to teach him how to make a rope bowl for a friend who has helped him soooo much after his motorbike accident Tuesday night. Really, I felt it would be
better for me to just make it..because teaching someone with a broken wrist seemed a bit much to me.
The bowl is smaller than it looks and took me 20 minutes to make.  Eamon was delighted.
My son left tonight for his meeting, howling in pain. 
His broken bones...still unset because he has no health insurance....
We had a nasty thunderstorm, so I unplugged my sewing machine.
When the storm  was over.  I tried to plug it back in...Leaning over, my chair went out from under me, I grabbed the table and fell with my wonderful 8900 sewing machine on top of me.  The table too...the pin cushions and needles and the whole kit and kaboodle.. 

Thank God, I keep my phone in my bra.  
Thank God, I have CPI security where I can unlock the back door with my phone.
Thank God I have good neighbors who came right over and not only righted me, but also my machine.
Thank God, my machine still works...
Once more, I was lucky that my substantial bottom...bounced instead of broke.
So worth all the cookies and red wine.

Right now Grandma O'Quilts is looking at life through grey colored glasses.
Maybe it is the Covid moon?

Thank you Linda for this link....It was very nice.
Nice to watch a few quilt shows for some joy!!

6 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! Diane you were so lucky not to have broken bones yourself, there would then be both of you in casts. Are you saying here that Eamon can not get his bones set? Have they not put plaster casts on knee and wrist? How on earth can he manage without the support, no wonder he was howling in pain as he went along to his meeting. I hope you have no more accidents and that Eamon can get the care he needs for his bones to mend.

Unknown said...

Thank goodness you are okay! I used to have to crawl under my sewing table to unplug my machine for storms. Then my husband asked one day why I didn't unplug the cord at the machine instead of at the outlet? Would that help you?
Hope your son is able to get his breaks set soon.

Cherie said...

I was a bit shocked to read this and realise just how much we take for granted our NHS. Hope you are ok after the sewing machine incident

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Oh wow! I ab glad you are okay!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

So sorry to hear about your fall - that must have been scary - but so glad you weren't hurt.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Oh my goodness woman! I don't come online to read blogs for a few days and just look at all the trouble you got into. That's one heck of a fall! Man were you lucky that neither of you broke! I should have read these stories from their beginnings not ends! I am so klutzy and accident prone i need to keep my phone on me at all times too! Good reminder of what can happen even sewing! Never considered it a high risk sport but on second thought....