Wednesday, July 15, 2020

The Beat Goes on...Until it Doesn't

My son is a great worker...I had asked him not to work because I was afraid of Covid 19
Finally, I gave in...and said...Fine...go work!
Last night he fixed a friend's motorbike.  When he took it for a test drive,
the back tire blew...tossing my son and the bike in the air into somersaults.
He drove himself to the ER and came home with a broken wrist and kneecap.
He is soon off to the ortho person for casts.
This is all I have the energy to write.
xoxo

There is happy:

9 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Oh no. I hope he recovers quickly. Accidents never happen at "good" times but right now is a really extra bad time!

Cherie said...

Oh no.. That's awful news. I bet you were frantic and playing all manner of 'what if' scenarios in your head. Sending you a gentle hug this morning. Stay and look after yourself.

Rosa said...

That is awful luck. I hope he mends up quickly. Wish he had listened to you about staying home!

Take care of yourself!

Jean Etheridge said...

I am so sorry! Don’t forget to take care of yourself while you take care of him!

Susan Dunne-Lederhaas said...

Wow! This is so hard...I truly feel for all of your family..The children must be devastated.. Hope Eammon heals quickly..

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Those injuries are bad enough but I'm glad it wasn't any worse (like a head injury). Now his kids will be his caregivers and I bet they will be great at it.

livelymonkey said...

Good grief. Poor guy.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Geez Loiuse. What an accident! Prayers prayers prayers chanting candles woo woo magic.

http://thankfullga447 said...

I haven't been reading blogs lately and then I read this today, oh no.
I will have your whole family in my prayers. You just can't get a break.