Sunday, July 12, 2020

Vacation Puttering

Instead of a third nap outside under a tree,
I made two rope bowls...voila
The top one was from African fabric...which of course frayed...Hello???
The bottom one is from batik..perfect!!
They are so quick and so relaxing...sigh...Way to go on day two of my vacation!!!
My friend Susie helped a lot with rope bowl process by telling me about
glue sticks and cutting strips about 1/2 inch, not larger.

A little more project puttering and fabric organizing while I watch the news.
I am finding so many lovely fabric in my stash and tutes to try..

Packaging from Avocados suited me with my green kitchen.
I used 3 layers of cotton batting.
Did not read the instructions all the way through,
 I zigzagged the edges...This is supposed to be the sponge that never dies.
You throw it in the washing machine with the towels.
If it works, I will try the instructions...Ha!

Did I mention that I have Covid brain?
You know, unfocused, lethargic...etc.
I like to be a leader....  so I got it long ago before it was popular!!

Reminding myself that this is my house.
There is no one to tell me how to live in it.
I remember when we had Stephanie, our nanny.
She said that if I put fabric in the kitchen, she would quit!!!
This is the living room.  Hidden under the basket, under the patriotic quilt,
are 3 plastic boxes..
Lynsey's fabric
Dylan's fabric
Potholders that I have made to gift.
In the basket are beautiful Free Spirit fat quarters.

Behind the recliners in the living room, I have put
four empty sewing machine cases....
Ha Ha to you.....world of convention!!..

Eyes now peeled around the rest of the house..
for more creative ways to store my stash.
Sadly, I have to make notes in my phone for the things I have
relocated...so I will not spend hours looking for them!!!
Relaxation is funny....Sometimes I do not realize how tense I am, until I relax!!!!

3 comments:

Cjsmimi said...

Good morning, friend! You are a genius keeping notes where you "relocate" your various fabrics...such a smarty pants. I am tempted to branch out into the rest of the house, too. :) I ADORE your bowls. How did you learn? I would love to try that, too. Hearing that they are quick and satisfying sounds great to me. Can you use even more fabrics? Sorry...questions, questions. Have a wonderful (vacation) day and a big virtual hug!

Teresa said...

Your rope bowls look pretty. I have always admired these, but ever tried to make one.

Jean Etheridge said...

Love, love the rope bowls. Might try one of the sponges.