Thursday, January 28, 2021

Living Life Covid Style

Covid socializing 2020 and 2021.  In the garage, door wide open, masked, 10 feet apart, heater and quilts...OK...hats too...Show and Tell, the One Block a Day Challenge for 100 days.

I love my Charlotte Modern Quilt Guild  Last night we had this speaker from Washington State.  All by Zoom.  It was so wonderful.  We had 52 participants....One from Australia, others, not members.  I think I might join the Seattle and Portland Modern Quilt Guilds to visit their meetings and speakers..The new Covid style  meet ups. Our Guild is going to do again, placemats for Meals on Wheels.  Their group has changed with the pandemic.  I am going to have Lynsey and Dylan make some as well.
The Good Vibes National Quilters are having a UFO 12 month finish deal, to help us get going.
This blue and yellow pinwheel in on my list of 10 UFOs.  I could have put 100 on my list...but I so wanted to be modest.!!  Never the less, I refuse to be left behind.  There are only a few more days of January.  I quilted half of this tonight and plan to finish it in no time.  I am Covid driven!!!

Now we are being told by Science to wear two masks or doubly reinforced masks.  I love this style
After a few tries, it is easy as pie.  Plus she has a free video tutorial. Two layers with a filter or two in the middle, and ties that adjust themselves. 

New and improved Olson mask tutorial  from Sew She Can....my favorite mask tute...I ordered filters online...mailed from America!!

 Debra C...Thank you for your comment.  Would you give me your email address so I can chat more with you about the cutter xo Thx.

Pouring rain in Charlotte.  When I get stressed, I go onto my screened in porch and lift my weights.  I can do 25 bicep curls with the 6 pounds and 25 straight and side with the 3 pounds.  My PT told me that this would help with my balance.  I know I told this before, but for my own reminder, I must tell it again. Tomorrow the sun will shine..

PS  Tonight I played two hands of Canasta with Lynsey.  She went out on me BOTH times..leaving me holding the bag.  Then I played Old Maid with her...yup...She left me holding the Old Maid card too...Is it red wine or chocolate, to soothe my ego..????

1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

At least you have some interaction in person. Science is not saying two masks, Fauci's comment was taken out of context, shocker. When I was starting to make masks, I researched all the different fabrics that were best for the size particle COVID is. There is only an insignificant increase when you add more than 2 layers. For example, you could layer 5 window screens and it would not keep out smoke more than 1 layer. The best we can hope for with masks is to keep spray out of the air. The surgical N95s are the only mask that can screen out small particles. Enjoy the grandkids while they are still kids.