Sunday, January 24, 2021

My Accuquilt Go Experience 2021

Midnight and everyone is in bed TBTG
My balance of free productive time is uneven.  Tonight I tried Accuquilt piecing for the first time.
I have had the machine and dies for at least 9 years..  I have used it for applique, not piecework.
This die has a 2.5 inch square, 2 triangles that make 2.5 when sewn and a 4.5 inch middle block
I wonder what other blocks I can make with this combination.
A few years back, I was gifted this blend of fabric.  Good thing to start on fabric not favorite...where waste will not cause heart disease...
These blocks are on my portable design wall.
I also need to know  how to store them...I have seen others with little boxes, etc.
I am hopeless at organization...so looking for help.
Since I decided on this midnight project, my sewing room is a total disaster.
I clean, I get distracted by lovely fabric and UFOs and new ideas...OMG.
Where is a personal assistant when I need one.
Everyone has their own passions. Now, Lynsey is busy on her new Christmas phone learning new Tik Tok dances and, by the way, sign language..Dylan is forever on computer games.
Tomorrow, I will check out ways to store these pieces
I will check out ways to use the pieces in different blocks.
Let me know which dies  you all use...if you do.

Maybe I will clean and maybe I will sew.
Maybe I will do my 25 bi-cep curls with my number 6,,,,such a brave lady.
Maybe I will read a book.....or maybe I will make dinner....again..
There are only four of us now in the house.  But, one would think there were 40 with all the eating and snacking and the food bill.
Midnight.  I can clearly hear that only my son is asleep.  There is furniture moving upstairs, There is probably a sleepover with sleeping bags...food hidden where it should not be.
Maybe after my second Covid shot, I can hire cleaning help....For some reason there are chocolate cake crumbs all over the floor.
No, guess no hired help yet.....with the new mutations.  We have to clean the house ourselves.  The dishwasher goes 3 times a day and so does the washing machine.
My son is a smoker and children all over are getting Covid more often.  
Time will tell.
Meantime, we have a nice house in the woods, we are warm and together and so far...mostly healthy.
Life is still good.



 

4 comments:

Cherie said...

I'm currently downloading, printing and then cutting out half inch hexagons.. Do you know how many fit on each page? :-) It takes forever to cut them but I am too impatient to wait for the ones I ordered to arrive.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have the Studio Accuquilter and lots of geometric dies- triangles, squares, for cutting out and taming scraps. I need to use it more. I also have the drunkards path template, but got stalled using it. Cutting up scraps for useable pattern sizes is mostly what I use it for. Wherever there are active people, are active messes.

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful stars Diane and such warm colours. I love my Accuquilt for cutting out pieces, much easier on the hands! I was pleased to read that you had your first Covid shot, when do you have the second?

Debra C said...

I have the electric Accuquilt Go Big and love it. The Strip cutter dies are used most often, especial to cut skinny strips for mini quilts. Dies that make it possible to quickly cut out an entire full size quilt is wonderfulness. And being able to quickly cut those piles, bags, or tubs of misc scraps into the standard 'pre-cut' sizes & shapes helps control the inevitable chaos of scrappy fabric clutter that makes me crazy. It makes scrappy quilts fast & easy to whip out. That's especially nice when I just want to do some late night mindless sewing without having to think much (read as 'no math required').