Friday, January 15, 2021

Spanning the Years

Aoife does not like eating sweet potatoes from a spoon, when she could snuggle up to her mother and nurse.....Six  months old....Poor Aoife  seeing life as it really is.

Organization under my cutting mat...a miracle...only possible because of those weeks Linda spent with me on the Covid free porch arranging sizes of fabric scraps.. Wahooo

In looking around, I found WIP (work in progress) from the very first quilt class I ever took.
1974  Miami, Florida, given by Georgia Bonsteel... Quilt as You Go.
My fabric choices were not the best quality, I did not quite get the technique, and the applique was all done by hand.  I worked on this quilt forever.  Because it was in pieces, I was able to take it on airplane trips with me.  47 years ago...a serious UFO (unfinished object)  The funniest thing about the project is that the colorway is right in style now!!!  Off it goes to my daughter.  Hopefully she can make sense of some of it.

With all the stress...yup!!!  Stress around here!  There is not much sewing.
I took to looking at a few U-tube videos...
These folks brighten my day and lift my heart:

Karen Brown Just Get it Done Quilts

Thanks to the saint, Mary Pat, I was able to go online and secure a spot for my Covid Vaccine. March 7 and March 28 ...I would like it today, but...grateful I have the appt at at all..

Another dear kind heart, gave us a gift certificate to Honey Baked Ham for Christmas. We are using that today. yum! Smells like the holidays.

A third kind heart gave me a gift certificate to Missouri Star.  Talk about lifting the blues into rainbow.. I am one lucky person.  I have had fun for days on that site, just looking..

Since we, in Charlotte, NC are being asked to  re-think going to the grocery store.  Last night Lynsey and I used Amazon Prime Fresh.. Arriving tonight between 7 and 9...free.  If I had wanted it earlier, it would have been a $5 delivery fee..

The beauty of a wonderful stash is that the perfect backing just appears.
The color does not look right in this picture, but, it is...
Lucky me....The library had a book by one of my favorite authors.
Already I am half-way through...sigh...I love her books because there is still a part of my heart that stayed in Miami.
The latest restrictions have narrowed our library hours.
Please God, let us have peace in 2021



1 comment:

Cherie said...

Oh my goodness that quilt is beautiful. I have a longing to make something like that in shades of sky blue.. I will someday. Aoife clearly doesn't like her sweet potato does she :-)