Friday, February 5, 2021

Good Vibes Help the World Go Round..

Good Vibes quilt-a-long today...via Zoom...great fun!!
I finished two potholders with scrap African fabric
Two sided fabric bowl using my African scraps.

Two sided
And finished quilting my Love Chain quilt for donation.
Just needs threads snipped.

Sewing, visiting with friends...all day...It cannot get better!!
Anna is one of our Good Vibe quilters.
Anna's House
My friend, Anna, lives on the Warm Springs Indian Reservation in Oregon.  This is where the confederate tribes of Warm Springs live.
This is the tiny house she lives in with her husband.  It is his generational family home; 500 square feet with two rooms.  There are 150 acres of woods and fields at the end of a 3 mile dirt road with no one else on it.  It has a beautiful view of the Cascade mountains.  Since they have a 50 year lease on it.   they have been improving it for themselves and the next generation of tribe members.  Anna and her husband built a barn on the property where she plans to put her sewing studio,  When her husband was young, 11 members of his tribe lived there in that one tiny house.

Anna is part of our Good Vibes quilt group of 12 quilters.  Some in Charlotte, some in Oregon, one in Minnesota and one traveling by caravan, but often in Florida. This happiness Zoom has brought us.  Most of us have never met, but have become fast friends.  It could have been called a Covid group, as we have been meeting almost a year.  We were created by Suzette.  We are kept in line by Vickie.  We always have fun. !Today this group is having a Sit and Sew by Zoom.

Below is a newly finished doll quilt by Linda.
My son has taken his children on another bike ride in the cold dark.
They do not go in the road, just through the woods.  They LOVE it.
I hate it...I think that it is a generation gap!!
Grateful  to stay home and sew.




 

4 comments:

Cherie said...

That little house quilt is gorgeous. I'm very drawn to applique at the moment and having great fun working on my project. I' would be staying home and sewing too as I hate being out in the dark.

javajean said...

I love your potholders and fabric bag. Our Good Vibes sewing and chatting circle is one of the true blessing of this pandemic period.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Lots of color on the post today which is what I need after 8" of snow today.

http://thankfullga447 said...

Lovely items and how wonderful where Anne lives and all that property. I miss my home in the woods in PA. I don't like cement anymore, but as we got older we wanted to be near hospital and not drive 3 hours. I do have nice trails here in Omaha. I did a Zoom with a few friends we are crafters.