The crabby tale: Last year I bought a bag of hand dyed silks for $10 from a vendor at the Asheville quilt show. At the time I had the crazy idea that I would try something new. Last night I took them out to have a try at using some of them. The piecing part went smoothly enough, although the silk did shift a bit. I decided then to add some iron on interfacing to stabilize it. The purse idea came so I sized the pieces and quilted with some yellow silk thread I found in my mess. and went to bed. This morning I was eager to see what I could do. *%$# First of all the zipper didnt catch all the way and I didn't notice till the purse was done and I had to go back by hand and repair it. Then I forgot to put the machine on Mode 3 and got a stitch I didnt want. Then I forgot to change my quarter inch foot and broke a needle. Then the lining was put in wrong and I had to take it out and it is still not right. There was so much of the *&%* business, that my husband came in to the sewing room to find out exactly how much FUN I was having!!
The two sides of my silk purse...I am putting it away for now because I am annoyed. I will take it out on Wed for my group to critique...so I maybe can save myself some aggravation next time I get a loose goose idea.