Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happiness is....finishing the last UFO top

I almost let this go.  I almost just said to put it on the back burner...again ...and start something new...but the light bulb turned on and this top is finished.  My joyful, happy quilt is my take on Heather Mulder Peterson's "Round About" pattern.  I just love it.  Now, if my friends are willing...really they do pamper me, they will help me baste the last three tops I have finished.  Then I will have 7 basted tops to quilt at the retreat!!  I had to buy some new pins, because my friends are fussy...they only like to baste with number 2 pins and I prefer number 1. Now check out the backing...almost 60" wide from IKEA...perfect.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love this quilt top. That is a great use of 2 larger prints in your borders. How big is this piece? I like to find the wider fabric for backings so I don't have to seam it. I just found 2 60" florals when I was moving my fabric.