Tuesday, November 26, 2013

F and F...Friends and Fabric

So, what puts a smile on a face??  Totally, friends and fabric!!
This fabric is the bee's knees!!!
We went to Foust today.  Eight of us in torrential rains.  Annie Carol drove and I sat in the front seat so I would not get car sick.  My friends somehow cater to that.   I helped her drive with my eyes shut.
Foust is a wholesale fabric store in King's Mountain, NC.  TBTG to Sherry of Sherry Lynn's Designs.  With Sherry leading the way, bargains were ours.
At Foust, you have to buy the entire bolt.  With eight friends, dividing it all up was a piece of cake.  The rain pounding on the tin roof, the friends going nuts on fabric bargains.  Really, how can it be better.
Now, Sherry Lynn has all the fabric at her house.  She is figuring out how much we owe her and who bought what.  I can hardly stand it.  We will not see our fabric again for two whole weeks.  I am breathing deeply.

Even though I am generally a nice person,  I refused to share my cool bee fabric.  And, I took it home with me.   Here it is, already all washed and wrapped back on the bolt.  There were 6 yards on the bolt at $3.50 a yard.
How can a person love fabric so much???  How can a person feel so happy??

3 comments:

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Sounds like a great day!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smazoochie said...

Sounds like a fun -- maybe dangerous -- store. Though not so bad if you divide the bolts amongst good friends. But 2 weeks! Oh well, patience, Grasshopper.