Thursday, February 13, 2014

Hello There Mr. Sun....


Day two of the snow in Charlotte.   Mr. O'Quilt's family from Ireland is bound and determined to visit him for day two.  No wimps in this family.  The taxi dropped them off at the top of the driveway and they had to walk to the door.
 It was not enough for them to suffer the storm...We  had to put them to work as well...
 Because it took the taxi 45 minutes to get out of my neighborhood after dropping them off this morning...saying good bye meant driving them up the street so they could walk up the hill to his taxi.  All worth the effort of love!!!
The kids are home now and in bed.  I am working on an exchange block for the Charlotte Modern Quilt Guild.  Isn't this an adorable fabric.  I now have 6 blocks done out of 13.
 My daughter is all over me to get rid of stuff.  I agree, but now really, her ideas of what to get rid of, and my ideas are very different. 
 I found these incense holders from my trips to India in my hippy days...She was not impressed, but I love them so.


 My friend Judy gave me this cat purse about 35 years ago.  I just love looking at it.  How could I possibly part with such things???????
And, so it goes.  The snow event in Charlotte is almost over.  This afternoon we had Carolina Blue skies and 46 degrees.  It will freeze tonight again making ice, but will be 46 again tomorrow.  Sounds pretty nice for melting.  Lucky us..

3 comments:

smazoochie said...

I've been wondering how you fared. Safe & sound & with hardy company, I see! So pleased!
I love your daughter for sacrificing to come & help, but your things are yours to dispose of as you please. But between you & me, sometimes a photograph of the loved thing is as good as the thing itself.
Be well!
p.s. I DO NOT miss snow!

Rachaeldaisy said...

It great to hear the Irish folk were able to come back for another visit. Snow looks like hard work, all that shovelling. I can't see why your daughter doesn't like your incense holders, they're beautiful, and that cat purse is a classic!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Love that the Irish came a calling. Love the undauntable Irish backbone. I have no Irish blood in me but have such a bond for as long as I can remember. A past life perhaps. Jealous of your incense holders. Acutely. I would not be able to part from them, I'm afraid nor your trip to India. Oh, I do wish I traveled more and not just all my care taking. Another life time perhaps, once again!