Friday, May 21, 2010

Family tradition







So, when my children were young, I taught them how to sew and had them make a few cuddle quilts for the hospital. My daughter hated it. When she left our house for college, not only did she insist on a store bought comforter for her dorm room, but she said that she never wanted to look at a sewing machine again. Sad words for a mother's heart. And now...and now...joy in my heart. At age 27, she has become a master at the sewing machine creating purses and quilts and all. Here she is finishing off her picnic quilt. She bought a dress from the children's section of Target in the Liberty of London print, cut it up and incorporated it into this quilt. The family tradition goes forward. Great grandma would be just as proud as I am!

3 comments:

Emily said...

haha. thanks mom.
really though... a master? more like a master of the seam ripper!! :)

Karmen said...

That's an awesome story! Love the quilt; tell us about that beautiful purple creation in the background of the first photo. Did she make that too?

Unknown said...

Wow, I am so proud of you, Em - You look darling bent over the sewing machine- just like your Mum !!!