Monday, May 31, 2010

When I am crabby....

The fix for irritabililty is...to take my trusty Bernina 1230 to my cool and awesome screened-in porch with a basket of scraps. Turn on the ceiling fan, get the dog a bone, and sew those strips together in random delight (for my purple "X" block quilt)...not a care in the world is left!!



I almost never use my Bernina anymore since I bought my beloved Janome 6600. But, since it is lonely and since I am bringing it to my thread class at the Charlotte symposium on Saturday.......http://www.charlottequiltsymposium.org/.....I decided to kill two birds with one stone...the crabby bird and emptying the 10 bobbins required for the class. My husband was delighted...no more crabby wife!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Wow, it never occurred to me to set up the machine on the porch... I might try that one day this summer, Thanks Diane!!

Ivory Spring said...

What a lovely setting for sewing!