Sunday, August 14, 2011

Homemade Pasta in Pink and Grey

This is finally finished.  I love to name my quilts..helps me remember them, for now that is:)  Since this quilt is also referred to as a lasagne quilt as well as jelly roll race quilt, I decided to name it Homemade Pasta in Pink and Grey.  How fun is that.  I do still think it is funky even for me, but it is growing on me.  I am wondering if it would be better with low contrast.  That is why I couldn't decide whether to post the picture with the flash or without...the contrast shows differently.  This is such a quick quilt, that even though it is not my favorite, I might try it in low contrast for a donation quilt.  Anyway, here it is.  Done!


There was very little thinking here.  I did add some muslin pieces here and there for contrast.  And, I added strips from my stash as this was a partial jelly roll from Michael's craft store.  In making this quilt, I could see how very many shades of grey there could be, just like many shades of white.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have found that a flash on a photo taken from about 6-8 ft. away is usually pretty true color and fairly even lighting. However without a flash you see the texture of the quilting.