Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Playing a poor hand well, still....

 My dearest man never whines or complains..he leaves that all to me!!  ALS does not have him down.  Instead of tennis, he has switched to bird watching. He joined the Audobon society of Charlotte.  The new motorized wheelchair has given him some life back and he is using it perfectly.  Here he is with the chair back in the perfect bird watching position.  PS...Elizabeth has advised me that motorized wheelchair is a more appropriate term than electric chair...:)
 My wonderful pool friends had given me a generous gift card which I had been holding to my heart. Today I bought some supplies for Mr. O'Quilts with some of that money... Two new bird feeders and some different kinds of bird food.
 Can u see them in the tree ready for the Finches and Cardinals and Woodpeckers??

I still cannot seem to sew..Just eating chocolate...
 Check this out...  Happy

BTW...thank you RD
Photo



9 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Bird watching is a great pastime. I get caught up watching birds in my backyard they're so lovely to observe. Does Mr O make up names for the regular visiting birds? I like that Happy song- it really is Happy!

Barb said...

I love to bird watch too. I also have become a big hummingbird fan now that I've attracted them here. Its a nice hobby that is right in the back yard.

Mary said...

We love bird watching too and it looks like Mr. O'Quilts has just the right spot to do it.

Courtney said...

So happy to hear he has found a new interest! We love to watch the birds around here, too. I find the birds so interesting and we love to spot something unusual like a woodpecker or hummingbird. I feel like eating chocolate more than sewing these days too and I have no excuse!

smazoochie said...

You garden looks like a haven, for birds & people. Remember, "any bird will do"!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Birds are fascinating. I think you could never tired of watching bird antics. Currently we are watching nest building and being scolded by robins.

Ellen Guerrant said...

Apparently there will be many colorful birds migrating through our area over the next two weeks. There was an article in the Observer's (living or gardening section) Friday or Saturday. Rose breasted grosbeak, indigo buntings, scarlet tanager, baltimore orioles, etc. will be nearby. Hope you see some!

Hugs -
Ellen.

Ellen Guerrant said...

Thanks for the video of Pharrell Williams' Happy. Love the song but had never seen the video. xo

Michele Bilyeu said...

You have been blessed with one very amazing man! And he will wheel all of us home, some of us walking side by side, others begging for a ride before. He is doing the best he can with and for you, all of you. That is grace personified, right there! Namaste to both of you!