Saturday, April 4, 2015

Just a little Easter post

Celebrating a new attitude in my quilting brain:  Voila...using two of my favorite fabrics...
Instead of saving them till I die!! On the right..are cats I bought in Japan some 30 years ago.
On the left is kangaroo fabric sent to me by Beth.  Love and use...my new motto!!!
Here we go making Bird's Nests..from Rice Krispie Treats and jelly beans. Totally fun.

And of course, dying Easter Eggs.
It is Spring Break from school..Nine year old Evan is having a fun time in Washington DC with his cousins.
Five and Six years olds..rather do Easter things.
Me??  Lordy, I am eating up the rest of the jelly beans(:  I have turned out just like my mother.
My dear man is resting.  He is hoping to have the energy to go out in the sun for egg hunt with the children. 
Did you know that the Easter Bunny does not bring treats to dirty places???  
Oh, there were two little ones scrubbing away this afternoon...lol
Wishing you all a peaceful Easter.

3 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Those nests look so festive and yummy. How funny that the easter bunny doesn't come to dirty places, :)

Catherine said...

I am often reluctant to cut into new fabric too. Happy Easter and I pray Mr. O` and you have a beautiful day.

smazoochie said...

Happy Easter to you & yours, you sly Bunny.
Yes, fabric is for sewing. I love the roos with your (vintage?) kittens -- sew them up!