Sunday, April 12, 2015

There is no Joy in Mudville...A personal non-quilting post

My man went outside for 10 minutes and had to leave the beautiful day for the hospital bed again.  He was too weak, he could not breathe, he was not well.
 The comfort needed was through Morphine and Ativan, doubled today....again...
Tonight it is worse...He can not talk at all, only grunt...
.He is in obvious distress...
Squeeze my hand if it is swallowing, squeeze my hand if it is breathing...ok..breathing...more Ativan and more Morphine..yes..
.Call the Hospice on call nurse??...probably not as not many know about ALS...orphan disease...guess no one wants to know either as it is a big ugly nasty disease..All downhill with no hope.

I asked a friend yesterday to come by and see him for a minute..the friend said..he would but probably not since he cannot do sad...OK...I understand, I really do. but,
I do not understand why ALS even exists and why my wonderful man has to suffer like this.

All hands on deck here...my sister and my daughter and me..
Calvary of three..
Now...I have called the Hospice nurse...
It is clear that we need a a Calvary  of four!!
Stand by...Oh, my love..

6 comments:

Catherine said...

I am with you in spirit.

Mary said...

Prayers going your way.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Sending all of you all my love and thoughts.

Bridget said...

Oh, this is tough, and even more tough because your mister worries about you and you worry about him. Worries all around!

You can do your best, and although it may not feel like it is, it is.

Geez. I sound like Yoda.

Love to you all.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Oh Diane, I am so sorry. You need surpport to keep your man comfortable. Don't forget to look after yourself,
Hugs

smazoochie said...

Sending love & strength to all of the O'Quilts.