Friday, August 14, 2015

Sew Random


NOTHING IS THE SAME
Rain on the roof is different now.
Sunset lacks its rosy hue.
Evening stars flicker and fade
Yet the wind still wails for you.
                                                         Alice Franzen Clemons Burt

Look what came from my sister's house...The Guatemala doll for PJs..that my daughter used 30 years ago.
How perfect for Lynsey.  And beside it my son's racoon..from forever ago..
1.  Mackyton...I do not know you...thank you for the wonderful comment on Cinco de Mayo.
 My mother was born in Boston...Did you know her?
2.  Gisela...thank you too...I can not comment on your blog or even email you because I am not on Google connect. Is there another way?
3.  Lively Monkey, I have lost your email address...Thank you too

AS WE SUFFER
Rock us in your arms, O Wind
Caress us with your warmth, O Sun
Wash us with your tears, O Rain
That we may begin to live again.
                                                   Alice Franzen Clemons Burt

Below is a piece I am naming..."Brain in the Mud"  Trying to be efficient, I made ahead a number of blocks.
Sadly I cut them 5" instead of the 4.5" that the pattern called for...It is the grey blocks, the Indian Hatchet.
Now what????  I sew do not want to take them all apart..ugh..
I had to get out of the house tonight with my mud brain.
Went to Target to get some sheets for the kids' new rooms
I spied some thin Oreos...Well, said she...I will just Try those.
That is all she wrote as she eats her way through grief, one pound more each day.

Just to end this post...
The dog ate some rotten animal and her breathe is something to behold.
Zoe...I sooo did not need this!!!
 PS...Now at 10 pm, I decide to read about widows...average age of being widowed in US is 55 to 57.  60% of widows get a very serious illness within the first 12 months...(I hope Melanoma counts here) and 27% die....So is it the ingestion of the thin oreos???  Or do I now have a mental health disorder...that I would be researching all this late at night?????
OMG

5 comments:

ES said...

Stop googling!! The Oreos sound nice!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Love that first poem. I do hope you find a support group or a counselor to talk to. {{hugs}}

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You do not have to take the gray blocks apart. They can be trimmed down and won't loose their proportions.

the image I had to identify to prove I'm not a robot was CANDY. First time I have had that one.

smazoochie said...

If they are too big, cut them smaller; if they are too large, add to them. Just don't let them get you down.
I hope the toys are a pleasant memory trip, they are very cute.
You are so lucky to have your Mother's poems there to give you guidance.

smazoochie said...

p.s. stay away from the birthday cake Oreos, they are knowledge no one needs to have
(they would be my undoing)