Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Change is good...You go first!!!

Here they go....First Grade, Kindergarten and Fifth grade.
 Dylan's first day of Kindergarten...all now on the same school bus:)

In the morning hush after the children left for school, I thought of you.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!
Mary Frye (1932)

5 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

They all look so smart and smiley and ready for their first day at school. It's great they can all go on the same bus together now.

smazoochie said...

All looking so grand & grown up, so much to share with their classmates.
That verse is a favorite of mine.
xox

Courtney said...

What a beautiful poem. I hope your first week back went we'll. the kids look adorable and are getting so big!

JWald said...

I have found solace in this poem as well. Look on youtube for this poem set to music. My favorite version is the Requiem version. Just input the title "Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep / Requiem" into the Search and it will come up. It is beautiful and very comforting. I hope you like it. I have listened to it over and over.

JWald said...

I just checked back. Look for the In Remembrance version of the poem on Youtube. They are all nice but this is my favorite.