Friday, June 18, 2010

My yummy purple "X" quilt

Please click on the "View " button below and on the Images links to see the rest or go to April 10th. I am having trouble with this post and I want you all to see this quilt I have worked so hard on...
View

My yummy purple "X" quilt..mmmm "X" block tutorial from Happythings
My yummy purple "X" quilt..mmmm [Image][Image]The lovely backing..........[Image]Being artsy like Kaffe......................[Image]The purple fabric is 100% cotton with little nubs...would love to know the name of it. I just love it. In order to quilt quickly and anchor it solidly, I love to use the "wiggle stitch". See this close up...it is so relaxing to do for a comfort quilt like this.[Image] http://happythings.typepad.com/happythings/2007/07/scrap-x-quilt--.html Is a great tutorial. The things I did differently....like she said making the square a bit bigger. I cut mine 4 and 7/8 inches and it was perfect. I also lined up the lines in the ruler with the lines on the cutting mat before sizing the block.

No comments: