Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Awesome retreat with my awesome friends

Last weekend 9 of us with our 9 sewing machines went to a retreat in the mountains of West Jefferson, North Carolina.  My mother was stable, so my sister and I were both able to join in the fun..3 nights and 4 days.


Brilliant Sherry brought her homemade long arm for us all to practice on.



 I quilted my entire hour-glass quilt on this machine!!  I hated the learning curve...ugh, but got with the program thx to St. Sherry and love the end result...so proud!

Thanks to Muggs, we had great fun playing, "Right, Left and Center" for fat quarters.



Quilts were finished (Especially great for Drenna's 3 years worth of work) and quilts were started.
And then there was the bonfire with s'mores! 





 Nothing like friends, nothing like a vacation, nothing like laughing and nothing like quilting!! Oh, did I mention shopping..ooooooooo

1 comment:

MulticoloredPieces said...

How fun! It seems to me that there's nothing like a quilters' retreat. And you certainly needed the change. Hope your mom's health continues to improve. Enjoyed your tree and flower blocks--really cute.
best from Tunisia,
nadia