Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Mama said.....

Remember, Mama said, when you feel down and out, do something nice for someone else!!
So, last night I finished Mugg's Presidents' Day sailboat block.  
American politics are depicted by stormy skies, rocky roads and presidents galore.
You can see the politicians dancing away in the sails while the rest of us bumble along.
 I cannot believe how well my dear man is doing.  Talk about stormy seas.  
I am grateful to have him around in such good shape compared to our yesterdays.
Not saying that ALS is fun, mind you....we know...no eating, no talking, no walking, etc
He is so good to everyone and a wonderful patient...
Everyone is so happy that my personality is not the one in the bed!!
On another uplifting note...
I checked out all the people she met and loved their blogs.
Living vicariously is still living you see.
A big thanks to Susan T. for volunteering to get the children on Friday while we do the big exhausting clinic

3 comments:

smazoochie said...

Big squeeze-y hug to you. You & I will meet & sew together one day.
Your Mother was wise, I like that -- do something for others when you are down. And then there is that saying, something about calm seas don't make competent sailors.
Another squeeze-y hug.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Oh boy!! That presidential boat is brilliant!! I hope you never stop making boats, I love seeing what you come up with next. I enjoyed Beths quiltcon post too. It's great to hear Mr is doing well. As for you, please be kind to yourself as well as to others. Hugs all round.

Mary said...

I love this quilt, especially the sky and comments about politicians dancing in the sails! What a great piece. So glad to hear an upbeat report.