Thursday, August 6, 2026

Summer Color

 My little porch garden has been tended by a friend on the 3rd floor.  She is passionate about gardening and I am not..I gave my garden to her.  This is a wonderful gift for both of us


The Clematis by my blue bottle tree....In Southern tradition, the blue bottles send evil spirits on their way to somewhere else..Grateful, I am.

My barn star from Oregon, still graces the garden.

Ronald McDonald House in Charlotte is collecting knitted or crocheted small blankets to cover preemies in their carseats for the going home ride.

The size was 20 to  24 inch square.  Below is my quilted offering, made with random scrap HSTs
Very, very fun to make.

The back:


In the Oregon family tradition:
Questions:
1.  Does our cat, Stitch, love fabric???
2.  Is six year old Aoife now a chicken???
Is this really her bedroom???


As my son continues to find himself, my daughter-in-law has stepped up...She came today with the two girls, for lunch and an outing to Trader Joe's..
Grateful xo



1 comment:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Beautiful photos and lovely work.