Friday, December 2, 2011

The gift of a comfort pillow

These pillows are perfect quick gifts.  I give them to folks who are sick, in the hospital, are traveling or in wheelchairs.  They use them to put on their laps for a food tray, or to tuck behind their neck, etc. My mother has many of them.  She uses them to prop herself when the Parkinson's makes her lean to one side too much or to use between her knees at night.  I get them at Bed, Bath and Beyond for about $3.99 each.  It is such a perfect size and quality that I do not bother making them.  Sometimes there is a coupon for 20% off the entire purchase and not just one item...I go then for a few to keep on hand.
 A very, very quick sew...5 minutes, in a cute fabric has made this pillow cover for one of my mother's friends who just had a birthday.

No comments: