Friday, January 16, 2015

Grace Unfolding


Today, from Gratefulness.org
Sometimes I go about pitying myself,
 and all the time I am being carried on great winds across the sky.
Chippewa
Wednesday I was well enough to host my quilting group as I have for the past 15 years.  I did not realize how much I had missed them...and the laughter and the friendship.
 Asthma is the pits!
They basted this scrap top for me...one step in a right sewing direction

Today, the sun came out after a week...Carolina blue skies... A very good thing!
Today, I am well..You were right Katie...10 days it took.  Another very good thing!.
I thought for special me, that it would only take 5 days to get better and not the 10 like other mortals.
Grey is a shade, what is grim?
The sad and scary note, is that my dearly beloved is entering into Stage 3 of ALS.
Stages of ALS
He has been sleeping in his hospital bed for four days.  Great fatigue and sleepiness.
At first we thought it was because he kept asking for his Ativan to be doubled so he would not have anxiety...Believe me, I would be all for that!!!.
 But, the Hospice nurse said this morning that he was still on quite a low dosage.
She feels that his body is just tiring out.
Accepting life on its own terms instead of what I want it to be... is my struggle.
Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!
For your emails, your comments, your gifts of love.
Without you, I would be quite unable to see the light.
xxoo

6 comments:

ES said...

Sorry to hear that your dear husband is weakening. Sending you love across the seas. xx

Ellen Guerrant said...

Oh, dear heart, my prayers are with you. Even in the worst of times, you lift us up with your incredible spirit. May you find peace and grace.

Love -

Ellen.

Barb said...

sorry to hear. I must be so difficult to stay positive. Glad you saw some sunlight!

smazoochie said...

Some sunshine, better health and your dear friends will help you face the dark days ahead. Sending you lifting, supporting thoughts in lieu of actually being able to provide any real help.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

I am glad your health is better and you were able to enjoy your quilting friends visiting. I hope your husband stays comfortable. Hugs

Rachaeldaisy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Mr O. At least he is sleeping and I hope is comfortable. Carolina Blue skies sound lovely I hope you have more of those over the coming days. A million hugs for all of you.