Friday, January 30, 2015

It's a Steal.....

I love our caregiver Stephanie...Believe me, she is the only one I would let steal my Goodwill $2.50 special of wonderful African fabric.  She could not believe I was going to cut it up..
Instead, she will be wearing it with leggings..Whew...dress...saved by the bell.
 I have started Tori's quilt.  Tori was just adopted by the assistant principal at our grandchildren's elementary school. Tori was like 1.5 pounds at birth and is still in the NICU.  Chosen by one single mother to gift to another single mother.
  Since adoption makes my heart beat with love, it was a no brainer to make them a baby quilt.
I am having a not so good day.  I was up dreaming last night...seems like every ten minutes, I was up at the  pulpit giving Mr.O'Quilts eulogy.  In the morning I remembered everything I had said...so creepy.  ALS is stealing my man.  Today I slept till noon.
 Now, the Hospice nurse and aide, my sister and daughter are all taking my dear man to our handicapped bathroom for a real shower, by Hoyer lift.
 He is nervous, he is so vulnerable.
 It takes all four of them...but he is trying to boss the show. There he goes, up in the air.
  My proud man's legs have atrophied so that they are just sticks..no athletic legs any more.  I thought I would faint with sadness.  Since no one was interested in neither my supervision, nor my tears, I made a few more blocks for Tori's quilt.
This is his first real shower in months.  Hopefully he will feel so much better.  I really need to get a grip.

7 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Stephanie looks great in that African fabric dress. The quilt your making for Tori is so lovely, I know it will be stitched with lots of love. Wishing you strength to get through days like this.

Anita M said...

Sometimes we lose our grip a little. Keep working on Tori's quilt, and stitch some happy thoughts in with the tears (all the best quilts are born this way). With Stephanie and Co. working with your man you can be sure his life will be as comfortable and dignified as possible. Be kind to yourself, just step outside those four walls and remember to breathe. All the best from Western Australia.

smazoochie said...

There's such a lot for you to try to get a handle on, so it's so understandable when you loose your grip. Maintain with your beautiful caregivers, your fabric & the love that's all around you.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

The dress looks great on Stephanie. I love the quilt. We were so lucky 33 years ago when a kind lady's decision allowed us to adopt our wonderful son.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you. Keep petting the fabric.
Hugs

Catherine said...

I`m glad you have caring people around you. And nothing beats a shower!

Barb said...

what a beautiful smile Stephanie has. How wonderful to have caring help -

catspec said...

What a lovely African fabric and how nice it looks on that young lady! I love your baby quilt and am so hoping all goes well for the little one in the NICU. Hugs to you for your strength through your difficult days.