Saturday, January 3, 2015

Quilt Love # 3489038956

I have waited so long to start this quilt.  I love it just like I thought I would.
This block is large...14.5 inches.  I am crazy about the shade of blue and the
Cotton and Steel fabrics I have been saving up.
 And, I am delighted about the way the block is coming together.

This is a wonderful weekend..so relaxing.  Doing just what I like to do.
I gave myself permission to start a new project even with tons of UFO's.
This is the first time ever, ever, ever that I have made a quilt using just one line of fabric.
Twenty blocks are needed.  I am doing each one individually to savor the moment:)
Himself reports that he is feeling decline in his right arm and hand.  His left one is pretty much useless.
Reaching for a glass of water, or for the suction machine is harder.  
Also, he is struggling a bit more in swallowing and breathing.
Today, he said that he is starting to feel more anxiety and requesting more Ativan.
 
We had two wonderful caregivers all day today from 9 to 6.  And, they cleaned my screened in porch and did laundry and dishes as well as caring for my man. 
 I am so very lucky.
So hard to grasp that we each have our own journey in life.
Hugs to you all out there who lift me up.
xxoo


7 comments:

smazoochie said...

It makes me so very happy that your project is giving you pleasure. Bless you & Mr. O'Q as you both struggle on your paths. I wish I could do more than send words of support.

http://thankfullga447 said...

I am glad you worked on a project and the helpers were good today.

Karen at Birdsong Cabin said...

Love these blocks!

Mystic Quilter said...

Quilting is good therapy isn't it? Lovely blocks and a good size too. Sorry to hear that Mr O is having deterioration in his right arm and hand now - thinking of you both.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Yay for the care givers who really care and look after you all. It's great to see you sewing and such fun blocks too. I'm sorry to hear Mr O is feeling decline, I hope he finds some peace from his anxiety. I know that seeing you sew will make his heart smile.

Mary said...

I love the way the blocks are looking. So glad you treated yourself to a new project start. The others will be there when you are ready to resume them. Keeping you and Mr. O in my prayers.

Ellen Guerrant said...

Your new quilt is wonderful, Diane. I'm so glad you gave yourself permission to start the project. Quilting has literally saved my life many times. It is what we must do to stay sane and controlled when all around us is spinning.

Hope to see you next week. Much love to you and yours.

Ellen
xoxo