Friday, January 2, 2015

The stuff that January Second is made of...


Tonight is awesome..
.Everyone has gone somewhere but my man and me and the caregiver...
Peace and quiet.  I have started to sew:)
I have kept this Jeni Baker pattern, Flower Power on hand just for this fabric.
 Last summer when Cotton and Steel first came out, of course I bought some...
Tonight I cut out 160 blue four inch squares.  A big achievement for me.


...I have a new pact with my friends for 2015...
#1.  Drink one glass of water first thing in the morning and...
 #2 Set the timer for 5 minutes for organizational contemplation....
So not my style.
 Peer pressure, I started on 1-1-15... When.I started #2, I found this in a sewing drawer..
My grandmother's curlers!!
What would Grandma do?????
  Evan has announced that the park is for young kids, and 9 was too old.
He and his lunch..see bag wrapped..went into the tree.
FYI, this is a very grown up way of lunching.


Sujata Shah  of Root Connections blog has published a book on which her latest blog is based. I encourage you all to see what it is all about.
 The book has great reviews and when I get a grip, I will get it too:)
http://culturalfusionquilts.blogspot.com/

A huge thanks to Cousin Ann and O' brother in-law Kevin for caring so about the caregivers by taking the girls out to dinner...We had a wonderful time feeling loved and feeling normal.xxoo
Thank you for all your comments and emails and love.  We are peaceful tonight and carrying on!
xxoo
Even in a world that's being shipwrecked, remain brave and strong.
Hildegard von Bingen

5 comments:

beth said...

I bought that book for myself right before Christmas. I love it! May use one of her ideas/patterns for my sari quilt this year. Still mulling that one over while I finish a first birthday quilt for grandbaby, Levi. Hope you've enjoyed your quiet evening. I love those little Cotton and Steel tigers!

ES said...

One foot in front of the other!! Love to you all xx

Mary said...

I also need to spend some time organizing (and purging) this year. Take care!

smazoochie said...

I have found that a photo of the (hoarded) things is as valuable -- and takes up less room! -- as the things themselves. Now you can toss those curlers!
I think I would have my lunch in a tree, too, if only I could still climb one.
Stay brave & strong.

Courtney said...

I love your 2 morning resolutions, good,for you! I also got a chuckle from the grown up luncheon In the tree, so thank you!