Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Waiting at the Station

Because this is Grand Central Station, it is hard to know just what is going on. 
.I am standing at the station wondering which train will be ours.
I remember when my mother took the wrong train. 
 She thoroughly enjoyed her own wake and lived another two years.
People in and out of our house all day long.
I put the visiting preacher man to work putting my blocks on the design wall.  
My design wall  happens to be in my husband's room.
A quilter just has to do what a quilter has to do!!!!
This quilting blog turned therapy blog is about to get a bit personal....Because his relatives all around the world are looking for the real deal....here are the real deal pictures..
Our son had a very good visit with his father today....preacher man was here, as was the Hospice nurse..
 The good news is that tonight my dear man has decided to wear the Trilogy breathing machine as suggested.
This should help determine the destination of the next train ride.  Here he is asleep with his Ativan and Morphine and breathing machine
Because of today's absolute fright...with catheter being inserted and food being replaced with Gatorade, and trauma and trauma, I called in to work, two caregivers, instead of one. 
 Mr. O'Quilts is now a two person assist for toileting and turning, etc.
Because of the help, I was able to go once again to take a break at lunch with my girl.
And... to make a pair of foxy pillowcases.
It is called personal balance, if there is something like that.
It is funny.  I have taken many a train myself from Grand Central Station,
 but never before have I not known which train would be coming.

5 comments:

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

He is surrounded by love as are you.
Hugs

smazoochie said...

Wishing all of you some moments of peace in the whirl of the station. I'm so glad your son got to visit.

http://thankfullga447 said...

I pray for you, your husband and my friend who is going through the same everyday. I pray to give you strength.

Karaquilts said...

I so admire your ability to find precious little ways to care for yourself and carve out nuggets of peace to hold in your heart during the "other" times. May your strength continue to be supplied from heavenly powers and your courage be doubled.

big hugs

Barb said...

you'll treasure these photos of visitors.
I love that you enlisted the preacher!