Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Those handy dandy pincushions







When Ruth brought me cat fabric from Japan, I just had to put it to good use. This pin cushion fits perfectly on my Janome 6600. It is velcroed on for best fit! I took two kinds of Velcro. I took the bottom part of the stick on Velcro and stuck that on the machine. Then I sewed the top part of the sew on Velcro and sewed it to the pin cushion. Perfect! The turquoise pin cushion is used on the cutting table and for taking on trips. The straps for the thread bag are sewn into the pin chushion when it is being made. They are attached to the thread bag with sewn on Velcro. Both are very very very useful and were fun to make. They are filled with plastic pellets, batting and with sand. All of these items are available at Walmart or Michaels.

No comments: