Monday, February 25, 2013

A fun time all around.....

A really nice weekend here in Charlotte...Beautiful skies and a night out seeing my favorite group.....Cherish the Ladies!!!
Today, time with my two oldest grandchildren while Himself played tennis.  My second grade grandson is quite taken with the graft paper notebook I gave him for school.  Today he picked out fabric for a cover for it.  I made it tonight...so much fun..  (If you are making one from this tutorial..remember to measure your book.  I get a number of composition books at the summer school sales.  I have figured that the best measurements are 17 x 11.5 and 5.5 x 11.5 for the flaps, using a 1/2 inch seam.)
 Took a stick on sticker and iron on vinyl, secured his name tag with some zigzag so his classmates know it is his...
Then from Rachel  comes this interesting piece on pre-washing fabric from  Piece O Cake blog.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great batman cover! Glad you had a nice weekend... interesting post about prewashing, too. What do you think? Do you prewash?