Saturday, February 9, 2013

Such a Fun Day!!!

My cool and awesome pincushion from the Jean Wells workshop this morning....It was wonderful!!  she is a great teacher.  Learned some curved piecing and some itty-bitty stuff...Lordy, do I now need to keep fabric smaller than an inch????  
 A new friend shared a bit of the ribbon holding the fabric she bought.  I put it into the backing of my new pincushion.  So much fun..filled the pincushion with provided crushed walnuts.

Guess 8 months is not quite enough time to be 100% from my July concussion.  I had to leave early to come home for a long winter's nap!!!  Big thanks to Sherry and Karen for their help!!  Tonight I put up my first batch of homemade vanilla:)

Jean Wells

2 comments:

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

The things you learn on other's quilt blogs - I didn't know that vanilla extract was made with vodka! Cute little pin cushion! Was this a workshop through the Charlotte Quilt Guild? May have to join again. Have a great weekend!

Rachaeldaisy said...

I'm SO behind on reading your blog, you've been up to many fun things. I love these pin cushions you've made. I saw the Vanilla making recepe on Sharons blog, it great to see someone making it.