Monday, June 18, 2018

Portland Fun and Portland Funky

How fun is a visit to Purrington's Cat Lounge????
It is $10 EACH to come into the lounge and pat a cat for one hour.
Thank goodness Emily had a coupon book, so we entered...
buy one/ get one free....entrance fee, that is!!!
The place was packed.  This was Pork Chop..We kind-a wanted to adopt him for $100
but, we passed....Emily loved another one, Little Boy....but he was adopted already.
She filled out an application just in case she was deemed suitable for the next cute cat..
Food...organic, of course...with chicken posters to advertise
the kind of monthly egg.
Oregon has legal marijuana...This store advertised....
A telephone booth...long extinct in places I live.
Gas in Charlotte was $2.75 and $2.45 a gallon, depending on the station.
Gas in Portland was $3.10 to $3.85 a gallon, depending on the station.
WOW.
Of course...so of course, this old lady remembers when it was 35 cents a gallon,
 when growing up in Phoenix, Arizona.

Love Wins flag...posted in many shop windows, on sale in stores, 
staked on lawns and in house windows...in all parts of town.

Snapdragons from my girl's garden...just lovely.


It was an amazing visit.
It snapped me out of depression , easing my grief with hope.
Travel is marvelous...out  of my recliner, back into the world.
Different people, different ways of thinking..
And, family...Can you imagine...me having a no care...vacation??.
Today, life is good.!













4 comments:

Kaja said...

It looks like a lovely, timely trip and I am happy you had such a good time. I love the houses in the previous post - I grew up in one that looked similar, in New Zealand. I am reeling, though, at the cost of your petrol. I knew it was cheaper in the US, but right now a gallon would cost me £5.14!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the Purringtons Cat Lounge!! Your holiday sounds to have been a real treat and good for the soul. I did leave a comment on your previous post but have to agree with Kaja on her comment above that the Portland houses do look pretty similar to our New Zealand ones.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Wonderful wonders of all kinds! So happy for you! Portland is such a fun place but yes, it's an expensive place to live!

Mary Marcotte said...

So happy to read that the trip helped relieve your depression. Facing depression can be difficult. Just keep going, keep moving, keep loving.
The cat lounge, what a novel idea!