Thursday, August 25, 2022

Changes a-Brewing




Transitional housing for Grandma O'Quilts
FYI, no pictures of the mess on the other side.


This is my new temporary apartment. Mine should be ready in 3 weeks.  Dylan peeked in from a window.  He reports that the living room is already painted Mango.  The bedroom, Pistachio.
For the next few weeks, I sit here, down the row from my new apartment.
Mine has a little first floor patio.  YES!
As you can see, the essentials go where ever I go.


Linda came by with lovely flowers the other day. If this was not enough, she organized my space in a New York minute!!!  So very grateful.
Not a bad place to sew, Just sayin'


Lynsey and Dylan visiting me today.....their first visit to my rental. I was soooooo very happy to see them.
And, then, the night time....working on a baby quilt due on Monday.  Finally sewing. I have not sewn in a week or so. Always remembering my dear man telling me to: "Just go Sew", when under stress.
Thank God, this was basted and ready to sew.
 Here is our Aoife in Oregon, demonstrating how daddys play with their girls.

Today has been tough, real tough.  My son has been in the hospital...His mother here, is not pleased.
I have been lifted up by Sherry.  Eventually, I came to and tonight actually sewed.  This was the first time in a week!!  Calming...Happiness...Joy...

A new friend recited this poem from memory at our lunch table:


Remembering, once again, that I am not God




















 

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You have a beautiful temporary sewing space. Nice soothing sewing. I think you are going to be very happy there.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Keep sewing in such a nice, restful place. None of us is God, not sure why we keep thinking we are. Your grands love you.

Michele Bilyeu said...

So wonderful to hear from you!!! Lovely set-up and view! Hope the new digs will be as nice or better because this so nice!!

Cathy Cartledge said...

It looks like the events in your transition are flowing nicely. In three weeks you will be in your next place and make it home. I hope the best for your son and hold space for you.

http://thankfullga447 said...

I think it going to work out, change is good sometimes. I like your temporay sewing spot. Did you have that desk which your machine is on in the house? I will pray for your son, a friend is going through what you are with your son. Tough love is not easy but she needs to think of herself.