Sunday, August 28, 2022

Change is Hard

Change is hard...only made better with M and Ms, and of course focus.
The latest mantra followed is:  Do the next right thing!!
This is for baby Alice

Such a rough morning as I feared for my son.
Got up at noon, but this is how it went:
What is the next right thing for you to do???
Get up...naw...not going to...sigh.
Get dressed,  That is a ridiculous  thought....and on and on with my telling myself crazy things, like a four year old....With each small act, I felt better.. A few hours later, I called my son.  He said  there will be a skin graft on Tuesday..and no bacteria left in his system.  That is what 3 IV antibiotics will do.
The rest of my day was like this: 
A retired old lady  enjoying her new apt and the awesome pool in retirement!










 

3 comments:

Charlotte M. said...

I have found that keeping busy, with anything at all, helps to keep worry at bay, at least a little. Prayers for you and your son both, friend. We moved into an apartment this past February for the first time in over 40 years and I have discovered I love the pool. During the week everyone is at work and we have it mostly to ourselves. Movement is so much easier in the water. A day with swimming always lifts my mood. Take care.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Always so truly happy to see a new blog post from you! Prayers for Eamon always-no matter what. Prayers always for you. Always 💜

Mystic Quilter said...

Sorry to hear that your son has been in the hospital, hoping by now that he is recovered. I read your previous post and happy that you have the temporary accomodation with the important pieces of equipment! Also in this post here you look to be enjoying your swim, so good to see.