Friday, October 21, 2022

Getting Better

Thanks to my move, thanks to friends, thanks to physical therapy, thanks to occupational therapy, emotional therapy--all on site, thanks to reduced responsibilities, nightly meetings and the pool, 
 I am getting better and I have hope again. My constant, chronic pain is gone. I feel safe.
A true miracle. The last 9 years have taken a toll on me.

From scraps, today I finished a small quilt, already basted.
I went into Trader Joe's.  Bought myself some of my sunny favorites.
My niece, Alexis had her 36th birthday yesterday
I made this present for her:
The placemat has two sides.
To the back side, I pinned 36$
A few years ago, my son lived far away.  He took two buses and a train to bring this Foxglove to me on Mother's Day.  He has always had a wonderful heart.
The pot is from my grandmother's garden.

Potholders for gifting;
Sneaky me found out their favorite colors.
Mailed a few to California for a birthday gift.

It is the strangest thing....Somehow, for the first time in probably 13 years, I do not feel like blogging any  more.  Maybe a rest is in store...ox

 

6 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Love seeing you smile and you potholders, quilts are so beautiful. I have to get back to quilting and knitting. God Bless you.

Mary in Maryland said...

Sometimes when things are going well, one doesn't have to look as hard to find the good. That might be reducing the pressure to blog.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

you have a bigger social life plus your PT so you are probably seeing less time to sit down and write something for us to enjoy. Remember a blog post doesn't have to be long. I can be a photo of a stack of fabric and one sentence, or a pic of a project in progress, again, just a few words. It lets us know you are OK and we need that. One of the things people tell me that they like about my blog is that the posts are short and sweet, a little lift first thing in the morning.

Mystic Quilter said...

Wanda has said everything in her comment above, I can certainly agree with what she says. So happy to see you have hope in your life once again, the past years have taken their toll, no doubt
about that. Hope you're able to give us a little news now and again Diane.

Nickel and Dime Ranch said...

I recognize some of that fabric. Brava!

Mary said...

As Wanda said, we need to hear from you time to time. I hope you continue to blog, but sometimes things simply run their course. It's great to hear that the chronic pain has eased and you finally feel safe!