Thursday, May 19, 2011

Old greys and new grays...an experiment

The other day I saw an easy scrap pattern on Moda Bake Shop, by Amy Smart. http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/05/easy-strawberry-fields-bricks-quilt.html
This quilt used pre-cuts and I usually do not.  Now that I have been folding and organizing my quilting room, I have found scraps that I didn't know I had.  I had a number of strips already cut in a three inch width, so I cut some more with an old grey that I had.  I made a quilt like Amy's using proportions of 1:2, but instead of 5:10, I used 3:6.  Anyway, here is the quilt top, the process with all the threads to see as I hate hate hate to snip threads.  The fake oriental lettering grey in a border is about 20 years old.  It is happy to finally be used and appreciated.


This will probably be a cuddle quilt.  I think that it could go for a child or an adult.  It was fun to make.  Folding my fabric, new ideas were going nuts in my head.




No comments: