Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Vinyl experiment 3

I put this on the bench to show the process.  I have sewn the entire red pocket on with another row of variegated thread zigzag.  I chose to only have a small vinyl pocket because I didn't know how strong the screen was going to be.
 This picture shows a portent of the next step as it will be folded into a bag.
MISTAKE.....The screen stinks.after being in the garage for 5 years. ..I should have washed it out in sudsy water, but didn't think of it because I was hot to sew this bag.  It is too late now because I am not ready to see if the bag can be washed.  I will just air it out on a windy day.

No comments: