Saturday, June 18, 2011

One patch love

As I was about to baste this quilt, I loved the light from my new kitchen ceiling reflecting on this quilt.  It made me realize that you do not have to put a lot of work into a quilt for it to be beautiful and have a heart.
Our friend Ruth, http://ruthsloan.blogspot.com/ sends me on occasion a package with a note, "Happy Fabric Day"!!!!   It is just so much fun.  So these batiks are part of that package.  Then, too, she had given me some of her lovely Japanese fabric from when she was in Japan visiting relatives.  I had them in one area and the idea came to mix them.  I think it is lovely.  Simple and beautiful...I also love this border from dear old Mae's discount fabric in Miami...20 years now defunct!! ha  Joy comes from simple things and great kindness....Thank you Ruth!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Very pretty! I love quilts just made from squares.

http://thankfullga447 said...

I know exactly how you feel, I just did a table runner w/Buttercup by Kate Spain it was so much fun putting it together.