Saturday, July 2, 2011

Pink four patch scrap quilt experiment, finished #2

Our annual vacation to the mountains for sewing and tennis has been cancelled.  We both decided that a short term sacrifice for a long term goal was more important this year.  After a week of grandchildren, my husband and I have hunkered down for a peaceful 4th, until of course he woke up with a pulled back and is now on muscle relaxers.  That is the life.  Sew what do I do??  Right into sewing mode.  I have so many tops ready for vacation quilting, that I was ready to roll.  Last night, I started this one, this afternoon I finished it.  It is not a prize winner, but as I quilted it, it started feeling so comfy.  I know it will make someone happy. Sewing fixes most things, but just in case, I turned on a TV movie....guess which one made me laugh right out loud??  "Don't Fence Me In"...Ha ha....Roy Rogers and Dale Evans and Trigger and Gabby Hayes...ha ha...all those songs reminded me of my childhood and my grandma playing records.  IT was the 100th anniversary of Roy Roger's birth.  They had nonstop RR movies, but one was enough.  It was so much fun.

No comments: