Monday, August 20, 2012


Julia is having a challenge for herself and has asked others to join in....she is sewing from stash and not buying new fabric.  I have another challenge for myself and that is to use the fabric I have been saving and loving.  I have saved it so long that it is now called Vintage fabric:)  The bits of this fabric were bought 25 years ago at the beloved, but now defunct, Mae's discount warehouse in Miami.  I love it so and finally used it tonight.  I have always had a great memory.  I was afraid that my concussion might have interfered...but I am delighted that I did not have to audition fabric for this border, I knew in my heart that this was the one and where to get it in my stash and that I was going to use it finally.  This awareness is making up for my adrenaline rush of losing my meatloaf to that dog!!  I am grateful.
The girl fabric below is probably from the same time frame.  Marie gave it to me when we both lived in Miami...maybe it came from Mae's too.   Marie, give a shout on the comment box if you remember where it came from...and you can see that I still love it so and am now going to use it on the back of my new one-patch.  Glad I kept it all because after 25 years, turquoise is making a comeback.  Can you imagine keeping fabric so long that it becomes Vintage?????
ok...it is all out of my system...I will show you the finished without design wall top tomorrow.  I want to take a picture of it in the daylight and I am getting the  sense that I may be over doing it.  So I had better go to bed.

1 comment:

Julia Wood said...

These are gorgeous fabrics!