Sunday, August 26, 2012

Compromise at it's best...

My sister went to Hancock's fabric store and brought some of this back to share with me!!  Good sister...no, great sister..How cute are the patchwork dogs..
 How it all works out in the end.  Years ago, before the screened in porch, I asked my husband to plant a small pine tree for Christmas lights.   He thought planting a whole tree for Christmas lights was a bit silly, but he did it.  We enjoyed that for years and the tree grew big and scraggly and ugly.  I said, cut it down..NO, said the man..we do not just cut it down on whim!!  Sigh...so,I got a pink Crepe Myrtle to plant a few yards from it.   (knowing deep in my heart that by the time he came around to cutting down the pine, the Crepe Myrtle would be big and showy and beautiful.).  Then we put in the screened in porch and the Crepe Myrtle wound around the Pine tree and it all was so lovely together that nothing got cut down.  It all lived happily ever after just like we want.
  From the inside of the porch, the Pine tree in its glory holding the bird feeders so close that we enjoy them every day.. Ahh...the spirit of compromise and the beauty thereof...

No comments: