Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Loverly day..

Today is a beautiful day in Charlotte...on my back screened in porch it is...with the ceiling fan..I am looking at the pictures in this book...no text for me...but the pictures are so relaxing..until...my heart starts beating fast..when I see one I love.  What can I say, I am a quilt lover.  The American Quilt, A History of Cloth and Comfort 1750 to 1950.  A great book.
 The sampler quilt below is from c. 1860-1875.  It is machine quilted...showing off the new sewing machine plentiful in the time. 
 A lovely pineapple block...I am sure our last speaker...Jane Hall has seen this one.
 This "Modern" quilt below was made in 1900
I am doing this while my husband discovers that cucumbers at Aldi's are 49 cents and at Harris Teeter they are 79 cents....that the frozen salmon at Aldi's is reasonable and tasty.  He is doing the buy one get one free at HT.  My saintly man is bargain shopping while I "rest"...

No comments: