Saturday, December 15, 2012

The lemonade and lemon thing...

The lemon thing....I have spent the past 24 hours in back pain, in the bed on muscle relaxing meds...here we go again said the whiner in me...I am missing a wonderful Christmas party tonight...that my daughter...just in from Europe and her father are attending.  
 The wreath is one of my favorite Christmas things...made for me 30 years ago by a friend in Miami.....check out the vintage fabric.   It is just made with little fabric rectangles stuffed with batting...nice...
As my mother aged, she could no longer go shopping for Christmas presents.  She had us get cute gift cards from the dollar store, put family names on them and hang them on the tree.  It was a wonderful, well remembered tradition...At first she gave $50, then $40, etc..as her care required more money..it was only the children and then it stopped.  This year will be the second year in a row that she cannot even leave the facility to come to my house for Christmas. Tonight the lemonade was the little stockings I made for the grandchildren.  When I put their names on them, I will put these 5 crisp dollar bills inside...a gift of love from Great-grandma..The tradition will live on.  The children are 7, 2 and 3.  They will be delighted as will my mother.  Now, back to bed for me before Mr. O'Quilts gets home and finds me out of the bed!!!.

1 comment:

smazoochie said...

So sorry you are in pain -- again! Be a good patient so you can enjoy your family for the holidays.
Be well.