Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Swedish connection

My mother is 100% Swedish, both her parents having come from Sweden....Grandma from the Island of Oland and Grandpa from Gothenburg.  My mother has been feeling sad lately.  I went over there last night to cheer her and my sister tonight.  She gets "emotional incontinence" a disturbing by product of Parkinson's disease where she will sob with a physical distress out of the blue.  Last night I brought home one of her travel pillows with a Halloween pillowcase on it, to make another cheery Christmas one.   I was opening the Christmas boxes and found these place mats...from Stein Mart of all places in an after Christmas sale years ago.  I had mailed them to Arizona when Mom was living there 12 years ago.  No one here wants to use place mats that have to be ironed.   The light bulb went on to make a pillowcase for her little pillow with these memories of her childhood.  I love how it came out.  I know it will make her room more festive.


1 comment:

YankeeQuilter said...

What a great way to brighten up her room for the holidays!