Monday, March 1, 2010

Emily's Cat Quilt




From the book, No Ordinary Cats, by Mary Tendall and Connie Tesene comes one of Emily's quilts. Today is Emily' 27th birthday which is quite amazing to me and I am finally realizing that she is grown up and gone...like why did it take me so long??? This book was published in 1993 and I probably made the quilt soon after that. That means that my girl was 10??? NO... Well anyway...here it is. I am not showing the backing, but the backing is from scraps of music fabric since Emily is an accomplished musician. It is very good for me to put my quilts online because I can see how far I have come. This is a very comfortable quilt and I just love the plaids, but if I were quilting it today, it would have alot more quilting in it. Actually, I am tempted to go back and add more machine quilting.

No comments: