Thursday, March 11, 2010

Snowballs large, snowballs small (post 1)

This is a design wall posting. I am working with 30's prints to showcase pieces of my grandmother's needlework on napkins/doilies, etc that have been a bit damaged. At this time, I have all the snowballs made and I am in the process of going thru the linens and finding suitable pieces to show.

Here you can see doggies from a napkin set grandma made for her canasta games.

This piece is from a small pillow cover that was almost completely disintegrated. It says "Good Night" in Swedish.


If you checkout a past posting of mine called Moonlit Path...you will see my first snowball quilt. The two I am posting now are not finished but I decided to post them anyway so you could see some of my work in progress. Thank you Ruth for your inspiration to get going on these.

No comments: