Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Thinking of Others Kind of Day....

Yesterday was the ice storm with a high of 27 degrees.  Today, the high was 40, with sunshine and Carolina blue.....hard to wrap the mind around the weather.  I was all snuggly in my bed when the call came that my daughter-in-law's mother had died.  She was 50.  
The day changed...up and at um...picking up the grandkids, taking my son to the hospital to be with his wife...making Grandma's chicken soup, giving baths..reading books and sharing the love and feeling grateful.
As tonight brings peace to our household, Himself is watching a show and I just finished a Sunshine quilt top for the Guild...pondering life...
I am 65 and I still have my mother.  My DIL is only 27...My mother is 42 years older than her mother....such is the life.
Trying to focus on a creative project, but the focus will not come....

1 comment:

smazoochie said...

Yes, such is life. Not always good, not always fair, but always precious.
Peace through piecing.