Friday, January 4, 2013

The scrap quilt thrill

Evidently it is my rightful style of using the cleaning of my quilting room as an excuse to finish up bits and pieces I find.  It is like a scavenger hunt!!  Left table is cleaned.  Moving to right table, I found these cute dollies that Eithne gave me awhile ago.  Since I love the thrill of making do and putting together bits and pieces, why do I buy more fabric???  Sigh...another thrill, you know!!
 Rip Stop, purchased at the famous Mary Jo's cloth store in Gastonia.  She has the best selection and it is two dollars cheaper than Hancock's.  I heard today that the soon to be 81 year old Mary Jo will not be coming back to the store as she has the memory problem thing.  I just hated to hear that.  She is certainly a well loved North Carolina icon.

2 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

What a sweet quilt top!

Debby said...

Aww, love the dolly quilt. I get all my minky fabric from Mary Jo's but not much else. I get too overwhelmed by all there is to choose from