Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Thinking about backings

So crabby tonight until I got with the sewing.  I basted the Liberty quilt the modern way...spray basted it on the porch.  It was a pain to do, but a breeze to quilt.  About backings...look at the cool voile I found on The Intrepid Thread.   Jennifer at Ellison Lane had a site coupon just when I needed it.

  I had fun today adding my Irish Quilt to The Other Side of the Quilt  which is a   Linky party about backings... This party is all about showcasing the back of the quilt.  Fun..always!!  We like fun.

3 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

We do like fun!! And that backing is so lovely for your liberty quilt, and voile is so silky soft, which makes it even more lovely!

Barb said...

choosing fun backing for a quilt is one of my favorite parts. So often quilting throw anything on the back, cut I love to showcase something special.
The voile is lovely and will compliment your quilt beautifully!

Melissa said...

Awesome quilt- and I love spray basting!